Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Busy Day it was/is *LOL*

The day started with cheesemaking, another batch of BabySwiss :) really hope that all these batches turn out good, this is #3 of BabySwiss cheese, again I used AromaB culture, the one that made big cheese in Babyswiss batch3 explode *LOL*

I did so many things today I have to remember, last night I bought some mushrooms champignion, they where in the reduced bin for 50% off, they did not look perfect, but for drying they where just right.


I used my NESCO Professional Food & Jerky Dehydrator, I love this small gadget :)
I have made jerky and also dryed many things with this and I give it thumbs up :)

Shopping in the US

I bought mine at Costco.ca but they don't have it anymore, they have the square one, I'm not familiar with that one, so I won't put a link.
the extra trays I bought at Home hardware they had to order them for me, but I love Home Hardware they sell so many things eaven coffee pods *LOL* I'm serious *LOL*



just after a few Hr. the mushroom lookd like that :)


then my sister in law made some Ice cream for the family, we got Strawberry and Rum/raisins yuck I don't like raisins *LOL* but Hubby does I think *LOL*


My cream cheese and Quark seems to look good :)
here a picture before draining

and this one today after draining :)
the dollar store bags are amazing :)

the one in the back is the Quark! front is cream cheese :)

and here a picture of the cream cheese in the bowl before filling the tubs for the family to share

and the Quark :)


the butter is churned and packed to, did not take pictures of it, forgot my camera.

I still have to do my chores ( feeding my sheep's, Llama's, goats and chickens and get the cheese out of the press and in to the Brine, and then I have to drive 30 min. to pick up daughter from cadets. oh supper has to be made to, OMG I'm so pooped today *LOL*



Batch #14 200 liters
total so far 2800 liters of milk

No comments:

Comments

Free Forum Software

Swagbucks