Friday, April 23, 2010

the reason I have a cheese storage room *LOL*

a little over 4 years ago a neighbou of ours started to milk goats, but he was not able to ship the milk yet, because his setup was not approved yet, so he gave me the milk and I learned to make cheese...
BTW I very much DISLIKE goat cheese, but I made some every day and just brought it back to him *LOL* some of my family members eat some but not me.. I find it YUCKYYYY sorry if I offen anyone *LOL*
here is one, th eonly one I have a pictures of, it's a cheddar and I used the color in it... *LOL*
I get goosebumbs just thinking about goat cheese *LOL*

anyways as time got by we ourself on the dairy farm had to much milk, so the guys where dumping milk, and I started to make cheese in 3 pots every day, but it was a mess in the house... and very time consuming working with all these pots..

so a friend of ours gave me this huge pot that holds over 100 liter, it was a SSS pipe and he welded a bottom to it *LOL* and voila my first vat :)
my husband made a wooden rack so I was able to tilt that monster, there would have been no way on earth I could have been able to take the curds out of that thing without tilting *LOL*

so my cheese making started to improove, we did cream for icecream, and we did butter, butter and icecream was easy to store, but cheese???!!!!
we where/are building a new home so the basement seemt the right place for it in early spring, the temperature was OK for a wile...
so I stored my cheese there.
here a few pictures :)









But after the temperature started to raise, and I was getting so mad!! I told my husband that he better get me something or I quit!!! *LOL*

he did build me a cheesehouse, but I don't eaven remember if I took pictures during the building phase *LOL*

OMG yes the picture bellow is 2 different receipe one is Traditional Swiss, and the other is Emmentaler
the best cheese ever, and I only did 2 batches :(

I'm so gonna make more this time around... it was amazing OMG I brag about how good my cheese was!! *LOL* but it was, it was *LOL*

No comments:

Comments

Free Forum Software

Swagbucks