Thursday, May 13, 2010

Cream morning :)


This morning I made some cream, I would say about 28 liters,
14 liters will be churned in to butter like we always do, about 8 liters I will try cultured butter, never had any, so I'm very curious on how it will turn out.

we each brought home some for family use, my sister-in-law will make ice cream, the other one??? not sure what she gonna do with it *LOL*
I made some cream cheese, need more Boursin cheese ;P

I also brought home 12 liters of skim milk and tried to make Quark.... well disaster!! it's rock hard *LOL* something went wrong, so I added salt and I'm pressing it right now, lets see whats gonna happen to it, if it's not good the chicken sure will like it *LOL*

yesterday I got the greenhouse, have to put it together and then I will try to put the cheese in there , also I got spoiled yesterday, UPS delivered 2 Books I got from amazon.

"200 easy Homemade cheese"
&
"American Farmstead Cheese"


and today I had a notice in the mail to go to the post office to get a package ( usualy I get them delivered at home) but this was customs had to pay $8. something for it, but OMG OMG these books are amazing

Today I got
"Cheese and Fermented Milk Foods"
volume 1 & 2
these two books are a must have!!! and they are HUGE!!!

I bought them here




and bellow are all my cheesebooks, there are a few more I want to get, but I need to win some more
Swgabucks to get FREE amazon $$





there is so much I have to do, yesterday I was cutting the lawn and somehow my "turtle" (ugly John Deere) lawnmover, broke again, when do I finnaly get a decent lawntractor????
I have broken 2 (lawntractors - blown up the motor) already and this is my 3th one...
I left it there in the middle of the field... so today my husband towed me with his big tractor *LOL* to bad I did not take a picture...

I need to get some grownd beef... have to make some sausages for BBQ season...
hopefully next week I have time to make some.




No comments:

Comments

Free Forum Software

Swagbucks