Friday, May 7, 2010

made Traditional Swiss this morning

So I made  some Traditional Swiss this morning, hmm all went well till I had to press under the whey!
I had no perforated SS plates or anything that I was able to use do do so.

so I had to improvice.
I took a cheesecloth and 4 bowls, wish I had 6 *LOL* used these to press down, and my hands to help in between, rotated the bowls around. I think it worked.

I think I have something I can use next time.. I will also ask my friend, he has tons of cool Stainless Steel stuff at home :)



then I made another mistake...

when it was time to fill the forms, I filled only 2 ( instead of 3) small once and the big one, I forgot that is was alredy pre pressed...

now the small once seem a little to tall *LOL*
well lets hope for the best.


Batch #8 200 liters
total so far 1600 liters of milk

No comments:

Comments

Free Forum Software

Swagbucks