Saturday, May 15, 2010

Saturday

Today I sold 7 lambs, now there are 11 sheep and 3or 4 lambs to sell. anyone needs some sheep? *LOL*

This afternoon I made some

-Ghee
-Butterschmalz
-Clarified butter
 
I was looking online on how to make it , but all the youtube videos or recipes where to complicated, I just did not have time to stand in front of the stove and wait till it's done,

I found an easy way on a German site
here  (sorry it's in German)
and it worked like a charm, the oven way is awesome.


I used 7 of these cups of Butter
 


that's the leftover



all clear :)



starting to get thicker
 

all donne


next batch I try to take more pictures of the whole process :)


 
tonight I made cream again, this time about 30 liters, I kept 12 liters of skim milk to try my luck with Quark again *LOL*
also I'm making creamcheese gain from 2 liters of cream and 2 liters of whole milk. last batch turned out very yummy :)
and there are 2 pails of cream each about 14 liters, one batch will be cultered butter and the other one sweet, my sister-in-law wants to make "Kräuterbutter" (herb butter)
 
I will try to make Ghee again with half the batch of the cultured butter.
 
tomorrow I have to work, so cheese day will be again Monday morning.
 

No comments:

Comments

Free Forum Software

Swagbucks