Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nidelzeltli = cream candy Failure *LOL*

So I did not make any cheese today, this morning I was not feeling to well, so I told my hubby that I would not go to the farm and make cheese today, I will go back on Thursday.

The mail lady brought me a package from Glengarry Cheesemaking I bought some rennet and some cultures, one was back order but will get here soon. I know I know I could have gone myself and pick up the stuff at theyr new place in Lancaster, but I have so much to do lately that if I take a ride somewhere I would go west and not south *LOL* I need to get to Ottawa soon, need new cups for the butter.

anyways this afternoon I thought I make some "Nidelzeltli" = cream candy it's been a wile since I had any...

The recipe calls for
1 liter cream
1 kilo sugar
2 dl milk
cook everything till the mixture turnes to a light brown, will take about 25-35 minutes!!!
YA!! RIGHT!!!!














took me way more then 1 Hr. to get here!!
just before you pour the mass in to a wet baking sheed you add a few tablespoons of cold water
guess this makes it shiny...



hmm FAILURE!!! the candy is still way to soft :(
so now I'm not sure if I will just dump the whole mess back in to a pot and try to cook it a little more...
not sure what I gonna do...


At 5pm I had a craving for bread and cheese, so I went to the cave and took another cheese out, this one should be tasted only tomorrow.. but you guys should know by now that I can't wait *LOL*
tastes good :)



and OMG I put a little in a plate for 30 seconds in the microwave and...
....OMG...
YUM YUM YUMY!!!

hmm thinking if I should boil some potatoes for supper and have like a raclett or something...
look how nicely it melted :)



No comments:

Comments

Free Forum Software

Swagbucks